The 79th Annual Academy Awards will be held on Sunday, February
- Friday, December 1, 2006: Official Screen Credits Forms
- Tuesday, December 26, 2006: Nominations ballots mailed.
- Saturday, January 13, 2007: Nominations polls close 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 23, 2007: Nominations announced 5:30 a.m.
PST, Samuel Goldwyn Theater.
- Wednesday, January 31, 2007: Final ballots mailed.
- Monday, February 5, 2007: Nominees Luncheon.
- Saturday, February 10, 2007: Scientific and Technical Awards
- Tuesday, February 20, 2007: Final polls close 5 p.m. PST.
- Sunday, February 25, 2007: 79th Annual Academy Awards Presentation
at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center ®
Academy members selected the nominees in their respective branches,
with the exception of the Animated Feature and Foreign Language
Film categories, where nominations were selected by vote of
screening committees. All members select the Best Picture nominees.
The secret ballots were mailed to members and were returned
directly to PricewaterhouseCoopers, the international accounting
firm, for tabulation.
Official screenings of all pictures with a nomination were available
for members at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater. Screenings
in special categories also were held in London, New York and
The Academy's entire active and life membership is eligible
to select the winners in all categories, although in five of
them - the two short film, the two documentary and the foreign
language film categories - members can vote only after attesting
they have seen all of the nominated films in those categories.